Sunday, January 15, 2012

Booze and Baby, Sharq and Friends

So in December Qatar made a decision to revoke the liquor license to a man made island/port, The Pearl. It has caused a lot of debate on forums and on blogs. Yes, we are in a Muslim country and that means that alcohol is against their religion and so one can respect that. I think what sucks is a lot of the businesses were brought under the promise to be able to sell alcohol and now their business is suffering. It really sucks especially since the area was already hurting from low occupancy in the flats that were built there. The Pearl is a gorgeous place to walk around, get some dinner and enjoy some drinks (if that is your thing) with friends. Here are some shots of The Pearl when we went when Mom Renee came out to visit us!

The view of the other side of the Pearl

One of the many yachts that are docked at the Pearl..




Pampano's our favorite restaurant on The Pearl. It is an Upscale Mexican Restaurant

Mom Renee out with us to enjoy an Iftar Meal during Ramadan when she came to help after Xavier was born! 


Alright so I told you that story to tell you this story. We went out on Thursday with some of our friends to one of the few places where you can go get a drink; The Sharq, it is one of the hotels around town. We sat outside the Cigar Lounge since it was such a nice night outside and to not have Xavier near the smoke inside. Well after the waitress came by about the fourth time or so she was smiling and laughing and trying to tell me that Xavier and I couldn't stay. Due to language issues here you pickup on things a lot later than normal and I was confused since she was laughing. I told the guys what she had said to me and they were confused and told her that we had been there before which we had with no problem. She said if they came by to check he couldn't be there. I know he is under age and everything but really?? Plus I couldn't have a drink either which it was going to be the first time I ordered something, oh well. So we worked it out I could stay with him until 7 but it made me on edge because they could have kicked me out at anytime so it ruined the night for me. It was annoying since we weren't in the bar, they serve food and it took them a while to say something.

 These are some pictures from our visit before this one. It was our send off of our great friend Amir and a chance for people to see Xavier.
The fountain inside the Sharq

Sleepy Xavier and Denise

Amir, Jennifer and Zach

Tareq and Xavier


Zach, Amir and Paul

Amir and Xavier - Boys in Blue


Xavier and Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment