Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Internet and Me

RiceSo I have been spending the last two days being sucked into the internet.
For the first time it wasn't with Facebook. :-) Haha

 First, I have been fascinated by this concept of a household book. A book where you can keep everything your family and things you need for the around the house. I first started seeing it on stay at home mom blogs, then it showed up on home school blogs and then it was on some different organization sites. It is a fascinating idea that you take a little bit of time to gather and organize all of the information into a binder and it is your go to place.

Also I am in love of this the website!!!! It is a place where you can create a vision board under different themes. It has been fascinating seeing great ideas that others have pinned and to get to pin my long list of pages in my bookmarks. For someone who does better with pictures in remembering things this is a great site. It is fantastic for recipes, especially when your list is getting out of control! As you know I started doing my menu planning for the month and this really helps to remember recipes I have liked or would like to try!

Check out my page and boards! If you join let me know, happy pinning!


Also last week I had one of my favorite dishes - Chicken with Cashews!

Here is the recipe -
1 whole chicken breast, cut into cubes
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon of wine (or dry sherry)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon peanut oil
20 snow peas, cleaned and cut
1 can chicken stock
1 can water chestnuts
Cashews


Marinate chicken at least 15 minutes (can be longer) in mixture of the first six ingredients.
Heat oil in uncovered wok at 375. Add chicken mixture; stir fry 3 minutes. Then add stock, snow peas and water chestnuts; stir fry until slightly thickened, stir a lot.
Serve on rice with cashews on the side


No comments:

Post a Comment